Abby turned 25 months (2y1m) few days ago.
Still 16 pearly whites. Showing some refusal when I brushes her teeth on the lower gum.
- Loves going up the tricycle and cruise away in the room but has yet to master the cycling skill.
- Rather imaginative. During one of her swimming time, she placed a ball on her float and she told that it was an “eh-cream” (i.e ice cream) and gesturing ice cream-licking.
- Can gargle n spit.
- Actively running and jumping almost all the time.
- Has strong finger grasp. Can be accounted to take/carry certain stuff.
- Still loving dancing to bits.
- Loves to curl up in her rocker while watching videos like a boss.
Communication and Social Skills
- Expanding leaps and bounds with her vocabulary esp on verbs.
- Can distinguish alphabets and numeral characters. Calls numbers ‘3.4 and “A,B,C”
- Calls MIL’s domestic helper and young children in Bukit Garam during our previous visit as “Kak-kak”.
- On our walk back to the car one day, we passed by a stationary shop selling various wrapping papers. She quickly dragged me over and pointed at the one with Angry Birds print and exclaimed “e-bird” excitedly (310816).
- She picked up 5 cents in the living room one day (080916) and quickly shoved it to me and say “deh-deh buy momom”. LOL.
- Can basically understand numbers but not able to distinguish them yet. For i.e, when pointed at car plate number, or reading her clock book; she would go ‘3,4,5,6,8,9,10’ eloquently with her index finger pointing at the numeral characters randomly.
- Loves to dance on the ‘Baby Shark’ song.
- Can say simple words. Loves pretend play calling over the phone after reading Phone Friends by Fisher Price. She imitated phone ringing sound to call her deh-deh and able to converse a couple of simple words.
- After the incident of broken glass bottle, she has been saying “bao” (break in Hakka) expressively (by frowning and two palms facing up). When she saw me offering her a new Tommy Tippie glass bottle one night (and continued for every other night-few days on a stretch), she went “Ah-mee buy” and sometimes “Deh-deh buy”.
- Nightly routine by hugging Ah-Tai, yeh-yeh, po-po (grandma & grandma) & da-guh before heading home. Being a sweet talker, she greets everyone “ping-an” (i.e God be with you), “love you”, “good-night (with her palms facing each other and put under her right ear while bending her head), “see you” / “see you ye-ye-row” (i.e see you tomorrow). Haha!
- Other words she can say: cup cake,
- Can finally say ‘york-york’ (i.e medicine in Hakka) accurately
- It is true that toddlers brain absorbs like a spongue. She has once seen her gu-po given Ah-Tai with Brands bird nest/chicken essence. When she saw my stash of Brands empty bottles, she exclaimed “Ah Tai(’s)” while gesturing drinking with her tiny hands.
- Loves to dip her biscuit in the chocolate condiments and exclaimed “dip”.
- She was able to behave herself with a not-so stranger (her favourite jie-jie’s mom). She surprised me by sitting with the auntie despite Stacey jie-jie wasnt around while we were having choir presentation (250816)
Food and Feeding
- I supplement her with multivitamins in gummy bears to which she called “gummy beer”
- Besides, she has tried a couple pieces of fried anchovies and she loves them.
- Her latest favourite songs/rhytms are ‘Baby Shark’ (with actions) and ‘Did you ever see my tail?’ and ‘Humpty Dumpty’ to which she called as ‘Humpty wall’ by Pinkfong.
- Broke my 3rd Avent glass bottle (in 2 years span). She decided to test on her flying kick at the church one night without me being alert that we were not seated on our previous seat, which was almost fall proof (250816).
- Vaccinated for DTap (290816).
- Went for another book shopping trip and picked her own book. A handy classical children story, published way before I was born. It is interesting to see what book she chooses for her own and she wanted me to read them for her almost every single night :)
- I was so fuming bad when i saw a China boy kissing her on the mouth at the church! The moment I got hold of her, I quickly tell her sternly not to allow any male stranger to kiss her except her deh-deh, yeh-yeh and gong-gong. I didnt expect such lesson to kick in that early. Or, am I being over exxagerated? :(
- Had our first road trip back to KK and thank God, we survived and came back in one piece. Not forget to note that, it was a pleasant one too (100916).
- First visited a zoo
- Before sleeping, she wants me to read her a book or two. When she had got enough, she would grab on my hands and close the book before requesting for ‘bob-bob’ and doze off thereafter. Thank goodness that she has been showing signs of weaning off tablet/Ipad before sleep.
- Still waking up twice, sometimes once at night for her milk fix.
- Her nap duration is still rather predictable. She usually naps for two hours unless interrupted. Exactly after an hour, she would automatically turn to the other side for the next hour. This hasn't changed since she was a baby.