Abby turned 29 months (2y5m) last 20th Jan 2017.
Not measured (It was around 12.3 kg last month)
Still 16 pearly whites.
- She loves to ‘play-doctor’ and bringing her stethoscope across her ears, with her doctor’s “asses” (glasses) on all the time and give almost everyone a jab with her made-shift syringe.
- Loves peeling off flaking paints at the in-laws.
- Can paste sticker rather accurately on their intended column.
- Loves to help mommy to crack eggs. I can account her to crack up to 10 eggs at one time, by keeping one eye closed over the mess.
- At times, she would tip her toe to reach the eggs compartment in the fridge requesting to “help mommy crack eggs”.
- Loves to put on a kid’s apron when she is having her ice-cream.
- Loves spending time with daddy’s Lego house. The curious cat loves extending daddy’s Lego house with her Duplo blocks.
- Loves donning on mommy’s top and pretend herself as mommy.
Communication and Social Skills
- When she was searching for the other part of the velcro carrot, she went “Where carrot cover? Ou where?” (211216)
- Rather cheeky and deliberately say the wrong name when she is in her playful mode (lion as dinosaur, hippo as baby shark) – 271216.
- Can recognize a few fruits/vegetables – capsicum, melon (for watermelon), eggplant (sometimes mistaken as tomato) – 281216.
- Able to form simple sentences which she made up from the words she knows (as of 301216).
- Eg. “Abby do drawing”,
- “Abby eats ice-cream, Mommy wipe tissue”,
- “Abby fall down, gugu help wipe hand, no cry”
- “Mommy wear this one” (she would replace words she couldn't express with ‘this one’ or ‘that one’
- “Baby catch chong-chong (i.e worm)” (pretending to floss her teeth and believed that she would be able to ‘de-worm’ by doing so.
- “Baby give present daddy”
- “Baby doing octopus” (craft)
- “Abby driving car, go shopping”
- “Milk-milk pill (spill). How? (along with the ‘i-dont-know’ look) and followed by “Wipe”
- When I was browsing Tupperware catalogue the other day, she came forward and pointed to the tumbler image and said “Anna jie-jie’s bottle”, and yes, she was right (040117).
- She has been requesting us to tie the gigantic balloon she got from her gugu’s wedding banquet on her wrist while watching YouTube on the bed. Occasionally, asked us to “tie some more” (tighten) the rope on her wrist (100117).
- She is very obsessed into doctor-play these days. When she sees someone complain about pain, she would run over and ask “Mommy/ daddy ok?”
- She can keep her promises upon agreement most of the time. Before stepping into a supermarket, we would usually set a ‘do(s) and don't(s)’. There was once when she was so enticed by the surprise eggs on the shelf despite our promises, her eyes were gluing at the rack and negotiated hopefully by asking me “Mommy OK?”. I said no and reminded of our agreement earlier, but she just wouldn't budge. Eventually, we compromised and settled for ice-cream instead. Win-win situation :P
Food and Feeding
- A very rare occasion that she can sleep through the night without waking up for her milk fix for two-nights consecutively (9&100117).
- Doesn't take much solid food still. It was still a struggle to get her chew and swallow most of the time.
- Fell in love with a blue lacey pretty H&M dress during our outing and insisted to put it on (slightly small and short for her) and refused to take them off after that. Eventually, we ended up buying cos her mommy loves it too :P (231216).
- Second fish feeding experience, but first time at the Sports Complex (020117).
- Her first visit and stay-cation at Nephentes Lodge, National Park, Kundasang (251216).
- Got her first homemade hydrogen balloon which she called ‘flying balloon’ with daddy’s ‘recipe’ (291216).
- Developed a mild fever and started off with cough a day before. For the very first time, she insisted and requested to “see doctor”. Unlike previous times, she cried and holding me tight. Instead, she couldn’t wait for her turn in front of the door. LOL (050117)
- Got her first flower-girl job during her gugu’s wedding (080117).
- Got her first ever gigantic balloon after her gugu’s wedding banquet at Sabah Hotel.
- Insisted her gupo to buy a ‘pao’ (bun) for Ah Tai during their trip to their market together. Back at Ah Tai’s place, she fed Ah Tai with a few teeny weeny crumbs.
- It is a ritual for her to request for “bob-bob read books” every night before she doze off without fail these days.
- Books of her preference: Emergency Room, Sharks, Whale & Dolphins.