Sunday 26 February 2012

Graduation: Photoshoot


For my graduation photoshoot, I decided not to engage to any indoor studio photography. Instead, I made my two men, the boss and my brother to volunteer to be the photographer for outdoor photoshoot. Arming with two DSLRs, an external flash, tripod and our compact cameras (which were barely used), we went off to the uni the following morning (271111). Since papa has to work, we split in two different cars after a dim sum affair in the morning with the boss chauffeured us in another car. We have initially planned to stop at every spot around the whole uni’s compound, which sprawled over about 999 acres in area. Started off with the enormous university logo outside the compound, we followed on with the waterfall which was located just on the opposite side. The weather was very sunny, and we were eternally grateful for that despite the sweltering heat else the sight of umbrellas can be seen in all the photos ;P.

Thereafter, we headed to the uni’s libarary, which I can safely claim as one of my favorite spot around the uni :). The boss suggested me to get into the library to have a portrait of mine taken with some real books as background, since I have forego studio photography which are using rack of books in their canvas backdrop. Initially, I was a little apprehensive if we were allowed to do so but later got exited after from assurance from the boss. But, unfortunately it wasn’t open that morning :( Besides, I am not sure myself whether the uni’s library are opened on Sundays though *slap forehead*. So, we just make do with the lockers room, the main entrance into the library as well as the mini garden with foot massage trail with a mini pond surrounded by animal miniatures :).


Next point was the Canselori (i.e Chancellery building), the administration twin tower building. The view from the building and around the building itself were simply breathtaking. There were several spots around the building that visitors will definitely stop by to have their photographs taken :-). Besides, the view from this highest vantage point overlooking the sea was indeed spectacular, with lush greenery around is no doubt an added point. I can safely say that we spent the longest time here :). It was already 2.5 hours through our session the moment we left Chancellery building for my school in SEIT (i.e School of Engineering & Information Technology). 

Due to time constraint considering that I have promised my mom's colleague that I would lend and to send over my robe to her by 1300hr, we have decided that SEIT will be our last destination, and giving some other places a miss after I narrowed down my list (i.e Marine Aquarium & Museum, the hostel building and the beach). Besides this is also attributed to tiredness and I am near to melting state with the robe on top of long sleeve woolen shirt. Photography session will never be completed without the mandatory visit to the school I have been attending for the whole 4 years long :). By the end of the day, my brother got sun-burnt while the boss had a backache but nevertheless, we had a fun-filled and really enjoyable day :P. 


2 comments:

eehtsitna said...

Huh? Only 1 photo for show ah?

aikoakito said...

I attempted to put a few selected ones together into the layout but somehow, it looks a little awkward, mr.boss :) Will find time to blog more often and post those photos there instead :)

 

By aikoakito