Saturday 6 June 2015

My first bake


This is my first bake with my new oven and I think I have never successfully baked for once with my mom’s oven except for a failed attempt, once long time ago. I have been coaxing the boss to get me an oven and he finally agreed to redeem one for me with points accumulated with his credit card. The oven arrived when I was still pregnant with Missy so it has been sitting on the shelves like a white elephant for months before my aunt in law offered to teach me in baking my current favorite blueberry cheese tart after seeing me ordering them several times from my colleagues for church activities and home services.


We quickly sealed a date on a public holiday and I brought my oven to Ah Tai’s place so I could get myself familiarize with the functions and temperature of my oven. The result was good, but not as appealing as expected. I even tried to make a batch on my own to be brought to the church for Sis Nancy’s farewell party. I was flattered that it was among the fast-going food and as witty as she is, Nancy commented that the tart isn’t pretty but taste as good as those outside bought and patted me on my shoulder and said ‘you have passed’ Lol :P The recipe isn’t anything mind-blowing and is available with just a click a way with Mr Google. From what I have gathered, they are pretty much alike from one to another. But, on a personal note, I am still not very satisfied with the crust and I am still figuring out on how to make it crispier to a perfect crumble, and of course to improve the appearance of the tart :P 



0 comments:

 

By aikoakito