Monday 22 February 2016

CNY 2016


Today mark the last day of Chinese lunar year celebration and the Pang’s had another round of “yee sang” tossing and more foods on the table. Here’s a super simple round-up of what and how we celebrated the year of the monkey this time. If my memory serves me correctly, I think this is the simplest and most minimal celebration we (or I particularly) ever had. Breaking the old customary tradition (I am thankful that my in-laws are modern thinking and understanding enough), we flew back to KK on the 060216 catching the earliest flight. Reaching one day before the eve, we were able to visit my maternal grandmamma, had my all time favourite bak kut teh, visited some shopping malls and checked off almost all the stuff on my list (and more) before heading for CNY’s eve reunion dinner with my paternal’s family. Although the family tree has widely expanded, this year was a quiet one as most of uncles and aunts did not manage it to come over as they are expecting to receiving or hosting their extended families at their own state/country.

Gong Xi Gong Xi

Being indifferent from yesteryears, this time, we attended thanksgiving service on Day 1 of CNY at Papar church simply because my mom had her itinerary prepared way beforehand and she had booked an appointment for us to visit the goats’ rearing farm, which was located further up Papar just for Missy’s sake. Hence, as expected, the girl was soooo happy and willingly let herself to be carried by grandpa for more than an hour. After the visit, we headed to Alamesra to get some materials and thereafter to 1 Borneo Hypermall with the intention to meet up my ex-colleague but our appointment was cancelled as she couldn’t make it in time to drive back from her kampong. After dinner, it was all packing and packing as we will be returning Sdk the next day.

                  
Gong Xi Gong Xi with her aunt as the background singer :)


Fast forward to the second day morning, it was meant for more shopping in the morning before catching up the afternoon’s flight. Time flies and how I wished that we could stay longer but I have to return to work the next day (CNY Day 3). While waiting for our plane to arrive, we met up with a family who were to return Sdk after their CNY  vacation in Taiwan. According to him, it has been their family of 5's tradition to travel during CNY as they no longer view CNY as an opportunity to gather among the families or relatives. Upon touching Sdk ground, there were more food gathering, feasting and visitations from the immediate and extended family members, the beauty I can brag about my in-law’s family. Here’s wishing everyone Gong Xi Fa Cai 2016 and may the year of monkey brings all of us an infinite abundance of happiness, health and wealth :)






0 comments:

 

By aikoakito