Wednesday 21 September 2016

Her choice of books


Recently, Missy has developed a liking toward books and has been requesting me to read them fo her. She will shove me a book and say “ah-mi read”. Upon seeing her interest and the ability to divert (partly or sometimes, totally) from the tablet, I am more than being pleased to spend more on her books these days. I have been having fun shopping for children books from the virtual and online bookstores, both new and preloved ones. Most of the time, I would be bringing Missy and the boss along. I was the one who usually get over excited seeing and selecting colorful, bright colored books, with flip ups or musical buttons and so forth. There was once after the boss picked a handful of children books for Missy, we headed to the counter for payment with a pile of 20+ books. When we were about to leave, Missy resisted and she was grabbing and insisted to leave with the book of her choice. We relented and detoured to the counter for payment. One thing I have noticed with my girl, she is rather firm and determined with her choice - a classical story dated back in 1981 entitled "Alfie gets in first". 

Her all time favourite 

Unlike her mommy, she would say ‘No’ to books she does not fancy but grabbing one tight and hard to those she really loves. True enough, the books of her choice are among those she wanted me to read repetitively before bed every other night.  Since then, I have made it a point to involve her in the selection of her books. Nevertheless, I am still buying her those I like with a convenient excuse “she will love them when she’s older” :P


Another favourite of hers - Playtime Teddy puppet book

It is interesting to see what books that tickled her fancy at the bookstores and I am glad that she doesn’t just go for videos all the time. The boss and I are currently in the midst of planning in setting up a mini library in one of the corners of our living room. Although I am not very much a book person but book shopping has become my new found hobby :)



0 comments:

 

By aikoakito