Tuesday 13 December 2016

Paper & Pen


Whenever we are dining out or attending church services, I would usually pack Missy’s busy bag; from puzzles, wooden toys, fancy stationaries, books etc. In fact, she had no strong preference towards an item after another except for the tendency to look for her 'cut fruits toy' a couple of times when I didn't bring them out for church service. I just pack a variety and changes the item each time we go out. When she has friends about her age, she will be all fine and generously lending them and sharing theirs. But, when she being the only kid amongst adults, she would start getting restless pretty quick, and all the stuff I brought along for her to play with were usually short-lived. 

But, it was rather exceptional last Friday when we attended a wedding banquet, she was rather cooperative and well-behaved and not to mention, she managed to sit almost throughout the session. All that kept her occupied were merely 2 pieces of pink florescant A4 papers and my Faber-Castell True Gel Colour (purple) pen I found in my bag. We spent a good time scribbling and drawing ‘Umpty Umpty’ (the way she calls Humpty Dumpty), tracing hand palms and had manicures too (drawing objects she fancies on her finger nails with the gel pen)! I have never expected that simple pleasures can come from just paper and pen or have I complicated things all these while? :P So, these were my ‘babysitter’ for the whole night hence they certainly worth a mention here :) 


Froggy by daddy

Mostly Humpty Dumpt(ies)

'Baby Shark's' Family, Hand palms & more



0 comments:

 

By aikoakito