Saturday 18 March 2017

Work Trips & Deh-deh's Birthday


I have been outstation for work for quite a bit in the first half of March. It was a benchmarking visit to Labuan from the 4-7th March 2017 earlier, and another trip to attend a workshop conducted by Microsoft the following week from 13-15th March 2017. Missy had a bad time during my absence and cried pitifully each time we chatted over video calls. In contrary to usual work trips, I decided to fly back the same day the course ended, exactly on the boss’ birthday. It was almost 9 pm when I reached home and it was too late for me to plan for anything, even to bake a cake. I was able to grab a tablet holder for the boss onboard (Air Asia merchandise) as a birthday pressie. Hence, I decided not to bake any cake this round but bring SIL along for a joined celebration the following night (SIL’s birthday) over a Japanese buffet spread at Zen Japanese Cuisine.

Here are some of the random shots I took during my trip to Labuan, the pearl of Borneo. What worth mentioning were my first experience on a speed boat, my unusual amount shopping for chocolates (along with Missy's surprise eggs) which have never been my favourite nor ever existed in any of my shopping lists, and a North Indian dinner fix at the Mehfil Restaurant.  To my surprise, I fell in love with Ferrero Rafaello almond coconut treats. Probably it wasnt anything near to the typical 'chocolate chocolates', instead, this sibling of Ferrero Rocher features creamy almond coconut with vanilla cream. 


My first experience on a speed boat to and fro Labuan

 Our spacious room at Palm Beach Resort

The balcony


 Wooden latch with louvred door from the restroom

Butter chicken, Palak paneer & a prawn dish to go with plain rice 

Murg Masala 

The pool in a gloomy morning

 The resort's restaurant in the background

Some team building ameneties by the shore

No luck to go on the  swing as it was a wet morning

Happy belated birthday, hon & Abby's deh-deh/dad/daddy/papa (yes, Missy started calling us with variety names these days). We thanked God for giving us another year of sunshine and love and may the Lord shower you with His love today, and with His care forever :)

0 comments:

 

By aikoakito