Wednesday 14 December 2011

Little Darlings


It had been quite some time since I last made konnyaku jelly. It was because it requires high meticulous effort with my previous moulds. I have quite a collection of trays/pans for jellies but have never been really happy with them. Some were either too small in size. I have to pop in two cubes into my mouth to get the satisfaction (read: gluttony) out of it and down through my throat within a couple time of chewing, a couple of trays have narrow bottom and the jelly were unable to penetrate thoroughly to the bottom after small fruit cubes were placed, those mould with silicone push-able bottom somehow yielded a plasticy-stink (despite soaking it with water overnight). I have only used them once, prolly the stink will diminish after a couple of usage but I don’t think I’ll be using them anymore for this purpose.


But, I am one happy konnyaku-maker now and am so glad that I have finally found the purr-fect mould (I just can't love them enough!). I have been seeing almost everyone (literally) using this kind of mould but have never took the effort to search nor ask around for it. I am so pleased with the reasonable size for each jelly. I stumbled upon them by chance from the bake shop nearby my house (which only operates during weekday office hour) during one my impromptu trip to a bookstore which is located at the same row :).

I regained my mojo for konnyaku making and pronto fetch home a packet of local strawberries when we were dining at the nearby restaurant few nights after that (Not easy, I only know one store selling these fruit on a constant basis throughout our humble city). Personally, I would always prefer a fresh approach rather than having canned fruits for its filling. I am one hardcore fan of strawberries. How I wish I could grow these little darlings right at my own yard :P The sour-ish taste resulted from the berries complement so well with the sweetness of the mango-flavored konnyaku =). 


2 comments:

eehtsitna said...

Not bad lah. Its edible what. So I aint complaining. :D

aikoakito said...

Yea, yea. That is very typi(cal) of you :P *swipe nose* hehehe

 

By aikoakito