Monday 20 October 2014

Mommy-Abby Outing {One}


For the first month after my confinement, I have always been very apprehensive of bringing my bub out without the boss except to my MIL’s shop every afternoon during the weekday. We spent the morning on our own at our home. On 191014 (one day shy to 2mo), the church’s RE class and sisters’ fellowship were holding an event to visit 2 newborn babies. It was posted earlier on in the Facebook event and both the boss and I were invited as we know both families very well. Unfortunately, the boss had a meeting in the church on the same day thus as much as I wanted to go, I held back my intention.

On last hour, AIL called up informing that SIL is on her way back from church deliberately to pick me up to the church, to where all of us will be gathering prior the visit. Since, SIL drove over just to pick me up, I had to bite the bullet and wearing Abby in a carrier and off we went, not even having  any ebm ready like what i usually do whenever we go out. It was my first time wearing her outside. I have worn her with the carrier several times at home to rock her to sleep when she got too clingy and cranky when I had my hands full with task. Unexpectedly, she easily dozed off in less than 5 minutes and she has no problem continue sleeping regardless of bumpy road nor noisy suroundings. I guess she has accustomed to such surrounding in MIL’s shop.

After about 30 minutes of wait at the church, we convoyed off to visit Justina’s 2ws 3d old baby girl. Justina’s 6th child, second daughter was indeed a big baby weighting 4.4kg at birth. Abby woke up once for her feed when we were almost done. Thereafter, we headed off to visit Baby Chloe, who was only 2wo old then. Baby Chloe who was the forth precious princess to her parents weighing 2.6kg at birth, slighty heavier by 0.03kg than my bub at birth. Below is the photo of Baby Chloe and Abby. Looking at her reminded me of my little one, who was as mini in size back then and look how much she has grown in almost 2 months time. 


Once again, my bub woke up to nurse twice before we leave. While chatting around with some aunties and experienced mommies who managed to breastfeed for more than a year, i took the chance to ask about their milk boosting recipe. Since I dont usually cook at home, I was keen to try on meatless recipe; hence, i was given the below. We managed to drop by chinese medical hall after that and the practitioner there reassured me that this combination is excellent for general well being i.e nourishing hair, blood circulation to milk boosting.


I counted this experience a success and it sure boosts up my confidence to nurse her in public shall I need to go out solo with her again someday, to which I foresee more coming. That explains {one} in the heading of this post :). 


0 comments:

 

By aikoakito