Friday 20 October 2017

38 Months

Abby turns 38 months (3y 2m) today.

Weight
14.7kg

Height/Length
99cm

Teeth
20 pearly whites, both upper second molars have finally made their way out.

Motor Skills
Loves playing with mommy’s lip balm (to which she called lipstick) and eyebrow pencil and pretend to put them on her eyebrow and lips.


Communication and Social Skills
  • She was keen to own a mini luggage bag and said “Mommy has big big luggage upstairs, I want a small small one for Abby (myself)” 210917
  • We upgraded her to a big girl’s car seat on her birthday and whenever she chanced upon her old one which we placed in the dining hall, she would try to get in and declare “Oh, this is Mabel’s chair, so small”. If you wonder why Mabel, she has somehow generalised all babies as Mabel, the only baby girl she get to know better who is the granddaughter of aunt’s acquaintance (240917)
  • This little girl loves to frequent Giant because that is the nearest shopping place near home. She saw me wearing a green tee with some curvy letter on it and probably feeling amazed and said “Wow, mommy you wearing Giant sam-sam (i.e shirt)” simply because the green colour has the same scheme as Giant’s and coincidentally Giant’s name was written joined together in a flowing manner too. LOL (240917).
  • This cheeky little girl once commented “silly momma”. When I deliberately look at her and asked ‘What were you saying, could you say that again?’, she quickly answered “nice momma”, grinning away (041017).
  • She saw a group of primary school student going around the housing area with a lantern on the weekend before Mid-Autumn celebration. My curious cat asked ‘why are they playing with a little bit of fire?’
  • She intended to hide the toys to spare herself from daddy’s scolding “put toys at ah-poh’s house, no let daddy see” (071017)
  • Loves giving step-by-step instruction even when she was playing on her own (071017).
  • On another occasion, she pretended to tie her own hair. This vain pot went “first, put rubber band my hand, and put some hair. All done” LOL too bad I didn't manage to capture the video of her (171017).
  • I heard her farted and teased her immediately “Oops, how if you poop on the bed?” She quirkily answered “don't worry, poo poo in potty” (081017)
  • I was helping her to change into pyjamas and apparently, the neck-hole was slightly smaller than her usual ones and she made a conclusion “Oh, my (hair)clip blocked the way” (081017)
  • I handed her a glue stick and she commented “like lipstick, mommy” (151017)
  • Loves to use “too much” all the time to explain huge/great amount instead of “more or a lot”. “I want to play too much bubbles”, “I want to watch the video too much”  (171017, 011117).

Emotional Development
  • Good in convincing. Her tagline would be “Don't worry, trust me”. She has been jumping over my leg one day but I refused to. She convinced me and say “Trust me, me no break your bones” (031017)
  • Still using me as I, and would repeat after us when we corrected her before repeating the same mistake.
  • She wanted to negotiate for some candy but at the same time worrying that she might get “black tooth” after some threatening and eventually resolved by concluding “but this is Vitamin C” (081017)

Food and Feeding
  • Would say her prayers before meal/milk fix without needed to be reminded perpetually. Once, after putting the bottle teat into her mouth, she pulled it out in a jiff and say “Oops, mommy, I ‘gotten’ (i.e forgotten) to ‘ghan xie’ (i.e say thanks)”- 141017

Her Firsts
  • She surprised me for being able to go all on her own all the way to go up the stage (we were seated at the most behind of the hall) to receive her present (3rd prize in kids activity) during my workplace’s Family Day (220917).

Play n Learn
  • I have introduced her to the traffic light colour concept and apparently, she understood and shows great interest and threw us questions like “when can we move?” (Upon red light), “we can go now, why stop?” (when waited for vehicles in front of us to move upon green light), “why need to stop? No red light here” (at the T junction/roundabout) – (270917)
  • Can complete a simple jigsaw puzzle on her own (280917)
  • Can make simple justification based on her observation when we were doing some worksheets on the weather. When she saw a heart image on the girl’s tee shirt, she grabbed a heart doily nearby and put it on her chest and say “I love you, mommy” (151017).
  • She has mastered ‘Rock, Scissor, paper’ and played it with the old-school rhythm Mommy taught her (181017)
  • She is at the age of when her curiosity perks up and her understanding has expanded by leaps and bounds. Whenever she heard any words or saw something, she ask asked you repeatedly until she is fully satisfied. Among her questions I can recall was “What spout, mommy?” (asking me what spout means after listening to I’m a little teapot song – 181017), “why daddy needs a belt?” (to which she has been asking until now despite us explaining numerous times, I have to figure out a better way to explain to our Little Miss Curious soon)
  • She gets dizzy pretty easily inside a moving car. I asked her “are you dizzy?”. She nodded and after a while, she responded “after me bigger, no more dizzy” (181017).
  • Her da-gu rang me up when I was still at work at 4ish in the afternoon telling me that Missy cried and said that she misses me. At home, I told hub about it and daddy teased her. Daddy asked ‘How did you cry?’. “Awuuuu” she answered. Daddy rolled his eyes ‘how come sounded like a dog?’ She quipped instantly “NO, like a BIG BAD WOLF!” ROTFL (201017).

Records
  • Visited a swimming pool for a second time and this time at Western Beach Resort, she has finally garnered the courage to go into the pool and liked it very much (220917).
  • I taught her once and she can tell yeh-yeh’s and popo’s name now (121017).
  • Developed a fever, with cough and flu and thank God she recovered in less than 2 days (171017).

Sleeping Patterns
  • Still bob-bob to sleep despite we hinted her to wean but we decided to let nature to take its course. I released her from bob bob one night and excused myself to the washroom. She was reluctant and asked me to “shh shh here, mommy”. When she was half asleep, I released her from bob-bob and I found her lying down on the floor and waited in dark in front of the door (260917).

Toilet Training
  • She has been rather consistent in keeping herself dry throughout the night, I can say. There was an extended relative who passed me a pack of unfinished diapers one Sunday in the church, I thanked and accepted her kind gesture nicely before my girl running towards me and kept asking me “why need diapers, mommy? NO diapers! I don’t need diapers, I am a big girl now” (011017)



0 comments:

 

By aikoakito