Sunday 1 January 2017

2016 in a review


Twenty-sixteen had been a great one for all of us in the family. Albeit there was no spectacular nor outstanding achievements as far as I could remember, but I intend to jot what we have come along thus far. Over the second half of the year, my girl has developed a reading habit, attended RE Sunday Classes as an underaged and had her first on-stage performance in October and another one last night during Thanksgiving Night Service, and is semi-successfully potty trained (Dec 2016), having her monthly progress fully updated throughout the year (17th-28th months) these were probably the main highlight of 2016.

After Thanksgiving Night dinner at church 

For the family, we have survived two road trips back to my hometown (Sept & Dec 2016). Back then, I would be the first to go against long hours of road trip. I used to be very apprehensive and intimidated just by the idea of being a passenger for a 5-6 hours of journey. But, the experience we gained had proved me wrong.

On a personal front, I have failed to complete my dissertation on time and had been requesting for an extension, did not complete my racing car and is dubious of myself if I can complete them before CNY 2017 (because we acquired the set during our previous CNY 2016) and let alone my long-overdue wedding photobooks which I intend to complete. Somehow, the bible verse that goes ‘You can make many plans, but the Lord’s purpose will prevail (Proverbs 19:21)’ is certainly right. In contrary to the ‘failures’ or delays above, I have graduated for one more time in last Sept 2016. Holidays throughout 2014 and 2015 spent for attending courses as early as Missy was barely 3 months old has officially ended. I am utterly grateful for the support and constant prayers from my beloved husband and family members. Not to mention, the in-laws who sacrificed their sleep to look after Missy overnight when she was younger.

Not having my racing car completed may be a convenient excuse to giving way to the boss to display his numerous addition of ‘cars’ (the way Missy puts them) and many other Lego buildings including a ferris wheel, carousel and a Disneyland! Talking about display, we certainly need a new platform for our mini township. Besides, I managed to develop part of our Hong Kong trip in 2013 into 4R pieces via Pixajoy (Dec 2016). I am very pleased with the end result and foreseeing myself coming back for their services soon. Such a convenience at our fingertips. On top of that, I have embarked into sewing. Loving this new hobby of mine and I am hopeful if I can come up with more projects soon rather than just altering/repairing :P

Looking forward to a better year in twenty-seventeen and Abby will be registering for Kindy in March 2017 (almost one year ahead) as she will be entering a new chapter in her life in 2 years down the road. I am wishful that I can allow her to enjoy her toddlerhood with more fun activities before writing and spelling come into the picture. Time to get a bandana with ‘Getting Organised’ mantra printed on it. Hehe. How time flies! Today is the first blank page of a brand new 365 pages book. Let's write a good one.  


0 comments:

 

By aikoakito