Tuesday 31 January 2017

Happy CNY: Welcoming the fire rooster


I am eternally grateful that my two-days leave application was granted in no time after I clicked ‘submit’. Prior to it, I have been contemplating whether I should even submit my application at the first place or to come back for work 4th lunar day. On the first day of CNY (Sat), it was a customary to attend thanksgiving service at the church with the big family clan. But, this time we have Aunt Evelyn (UK) and Aunt Pauline (Aussie) to be with us. They were here for a month since cousin in-law’s wedding early of Jan 2017.

Donning on her first cheongsam on the first day of CNY

Unlike yesteryears, in-law’s place was not flooded with relatives in the afternoon as first lunar day fell on a Saturday (also a Sabbath day). Instead, they dropped by on the second day instead. We returned for church service at 2 pm for Sabbath service. We flew back to my hometown on the next morning when relatives started to flock to the in-law’s place. We missed the chance to catch up with each other but on the other hand, we were excited that Abby will be meeting up with her maternal grandparents, aunt and uncle. Despite we were back last month in December 2016, it felt so long that we had not been back. Odin and Abby misses each other tremendously too J

A rooster & chicken craft we did together last Dec 2016

Every girl has that one male friend in her life, with whom she can share everything without any fear. But I have three roosters who always had my (and Missy’s) back! Happy Rooster year to my dad (also gung-gung), the boss (also daddy), my brother (also q-q). These three are my favourite boyfriends and coincidentally they are all roosters!. :)


0 comments:

 

By aikoakito