Wednesday 15 June 2011

F Square: Friends & Farewell

F2: Friends and Farewell (20th May 2011)

Another farewell celebration and this time is only a small fraction of the whole big class. It seemed like there were so many lasts, but this was really the last, till we see each other again during convocation, perhaps. It was an 'exaggerate' do for me to present myself to the dinner since it was carried out on a Friday night. On normal Friday nights, my family and I usually end up for night services at the church. This time was a little exceptional, and I was sort of ‘prepared’ for it. Somehow, I have this feeling that I am causing a lot of trouble for the others. You will know what I mean later on.

Albeit the dinner was carried out in the evening, scheduled at 7.30pm, which eventually delayed to 8.30pm, I got myself ready as early as noon time with my sister. After we fetched some food for lunch, we headed to collect my thesis and thereafter submitted them to school. Right after that, my sister dropped me at Suria to catch up with some of my friends after their movie, for whom I am going to tag until dinner time ;P. I spent my time on all sorts of reading materials, from photo shopping, photography, cooking, beading, to fictions (only a peek or two into every one of them) at Times while waiting ;).

After I caught up with them, we adjourned to the café. Deep inside me, I feel truly indebted and tad guilty but blessed with good friends ;). At the same time, I really feel like banging my head into the stones for not being able (I prefer to call it not courageous enough) to manoeuvre the car on my own. My driving license has been sitting comfortably inside my purse for 7.5 good years now, with some exceptional driving with my dad as my companion. If I could drive independently, there will be a long list of ‘thus I can’ coming along.

To cut the long story short, the open aired restaurants in Seri Selera, Kampung Air was very well reputed by many food bloggers. There were five restaurants in all, and we resolved down at Twin Sky Seafood Restaurant. Foods served was pretty decent - with the crab of 2 different flavours, fresh steamed prawn, Dōngfēng luó, steamed fish in spicy assam with 2 servings of different types of leafy green vege. Most of the photos in this post are credited to our ever willing photographer. They were hijacked from Mr.Keat’s FB account, with consent via MSN ;P. 





It was my first time savored on 东风 (Dōngfēng luó). In case you are wondering how the chinese character came about (whereby I can only read the second character), I google-translated it literally with ‘East Wind Snail’. I remembered this vividly as we literally translated it that night. Direct translation do works wonder for me =).



I'd sort of been kidding myself into believing that it would be no big deal and there would be no real emotion. How wrong I was! *Paiseh-ness* Enough said =P


0 comments:

 

By aikoakito