Thursday 1 September 2011

Happy Quarter Life


Hello September Good bye August! How time flies and I have yet posted up my thank you note and grateful prayer to the Almighty Lord for giving me the opportunity to look up at the dazzling skies for a good quarter of the century on last 13th August 2011. Like any other years, my birthday was kept at a low-key. The day before my birthday was my last day working. The moment I touched home each day; I was nearly collapse, literally and I threw myself to the bed early. Albeit tiring and lasted for a short term, it was indeed a valuable experience for me. I thanked God for the opportunity and have no regrets upon the decision made. Tossing and while lazing on my bed that Saturday morning, I caught a glimpse of birthday greeting on our notice board hanging on my room’s door. I widened up my eyes and after ensuring that it was meant for me, I mumbled to myself “oh my, I have totally forgotten about my birthday”.

Birthday greeting from my sis on the white board

I would like to thank all my friends for the wonderful birthday wishes; be it on the FB wall, SMS-es as well as calls. The longest distance of sms I received was all the way from a friend working in Azerbaijan. I thanked God for giving me a circle of wonderful friends whom I get to know over the course of the journey we called life. I still have ex-students (6 years back) from the RE class in Sunday School greeted me happy belated birthday, jie jie last weekend *awww*. 


White gold bracelet & necklace and pearl earrings as pressie

Thank you, Lord for I am blessed with a supportive and caring family and a loving boss. For through them, I find completion and feel whole in and within it. I thank You for all the good foods I smell and savor daily, the warm and cozy shelter I dwell under, the ability to sleep soundly through the nights and waking up and wake up every day to see the sun and to breath in fresh air despite staying in our technology infused planet, the successes I have accomplished, the many failures I faced for they make me grow wiser day after another, the good health I have been granted to walk through and enjoy life to the fullest in our temporary planet Earth, among others. Thank you again, Lord.

0 comments:

 

By aikoakito