Thursday 8 September 2011

Foodie Fun


The boss was here twice in June (another twice in July and once in August). For June, the first one was not-really-expected but the second one was totally unexpected, as the boss told me that the moment he reached the office on the following day after he touched home after the first trip, he received a letter calling for another meeting on the following week, he said he can see me literally dancing on the floor the moment he flip opened the letter:). LOL. Another out station errand for him, another spot check for me.
So, whenever the boss is around,we will be going on food marathon and junkies hunting. Here are some of the foods we had in random order for the month of June and July, to which I remembered to capture. One of them, where the boss enticed me to take the udon challenge had already been posted up here :P.
There is a coffee shop sized food centre located adjacent to Cititel Hotel. Whenever we had our breakfast there, the boss will order for their kon lou mee without fail, be it with roasted duck or roasted pork belly (saunyuk) and barbecued meat (char sau). As for me, I would usually opt for dim sum instead while taxing few strands ofthe boss’ mee occasionally :P. I preferred lighter portion of meal for breakfast.

Kon Lou Mee with Roasted Duck

Kon Lou Mee with Char Sau & Sau Nyuk




For lunch, when we have no where in mind to dine, we would usually settle with fast food and especially attracted to McDonald more ever since they released McShaker in barbeque flavor.
McD's GCB Burger

McShaker

I love this kon lou wan tan with century egg from the food centre mentioned earlier very very much. I am not sure how do you call it though. I was initially ordering for wan tan soup and after the lady boss of the stall reassured with me that I merely wanted wan tan without mee, she suggested me to have it in kon lou instead and claimed that it was nicer to be eaten that way instead of in soup base. I obliged and went for it. True enough, it tasted superb with the thick sweet soya sauce and sprinkles with a generous handful of spring onions. Likey! :)

Kon lou wan tan with century egg


Laksa



Rojak is a must-have during each trip he was here. The boss loves rojak, particularly KL Rojak from Centre Point and Suria :). Anything goes with the sticky rojak sauce turns yummy, I guessed that was how the boss defined that :P. Why did I say so? Sometime ago, when I regard myself successful with my first attempt of spicy mini spring roll, I decided to keep some for the boss to try. Little did the prawn head me knew that they cannot last for one week despite stored in an air tight container and refrigerated, thus they went a little soggy :( But, on the hindsight the boss was willingly polishing off the whole thing by dipping them into the dark sticky condiment :).

KL Rojak



Shall you be visiting Sandakan, one of the food you cannot let go is their beef jerky, especially the black pepper flavored one :). It was among the best I have tested thus far. This round, again the boss brought over this packet of spiced strips of jerky for my family *finger-licking-good*.

Sliced Beef Jerky

But this time, along with a separated handy small packet for me :)



0 comments:

 

By aikoakito