Monday 5 September 2011

Revamping Old Blouse


The other day, I was in the mood of second round of wardrobe decluttering. I managed to make up some space during my previous session yet there are still a lot of my stuffs mainly cloths are stashed inside a basket and left homeless. While I was going through one rack after another, I found some clothes that still leave sentimental value to me without any specific reasons. Sentimentality can be such a burden at times, don't you think? I stumbled upon this polka dot blouse which I owned for at least 7 years now, but had been sitting inside the closet for more than 6 years. I remembered that I have only worn that for a couple of times because of its broad shoulder width. Besides, I was too skinny back then thus the blouse look a bit oversized on me.


Upon seeing it, I decided to do something to it instead of giving it away. Topped up with a slight confidence that I am no longer the once skinny teenage girl (well, a few reckoned that I am round on the face i.e chubby cheeks) and was last complimented by Ben, whom I have not seen for goodness knows how long last two days :P Boo hoo hoo, what to expect from someone who have been staying home for the longest period of time :P





So, what did I do with the blouse was narrowing the shoulder width, which I did with rough approximation. To cover the area which I have newly altered, I moved the two baby pink 1” dia buttons taken off from its stretchable waistline to cover the newly altered spot. So simple and fast, and I am proud to announce that I have been wearing my old-turned-new blouse for few times now :)


0 comments:

 

By aikoakito