Sunday 9 October 2011

Overlooking South China Sea



The boss and his siblings extended their stay by two additional days after the NYFprogram has ended. It was the Independence cum Raya second day, was also theday to tour the city for the NYF participants who were interested. I met up the boss only sometime in the noon on 31082011, having the thought that he might want to spend some quality time with his siblings, but little did I know that all of them had their to-do lists and friends to go with pre-planned beforehand.

Since they were staying at the hotel located adjacent Suria, I met up the boss at the nearby mall. When we walked pass the hotel building from Wisma Merdeka, the boss pointed the hotel where he stayed which was also his first experience there. The only expression that I exclaimed was a whoa!. Not because of the hotel was built extraordinarily; but I have just discovered that the once old and shabby building that shared the similar acronym as my brother's name had been refurbished and converted to a hotel by the name of CBS Gaya Centre Hotel, tucked in conveniently in the heart of the city :). Back then, when my brother was a toddler and have just recognized ABC, we have always jested that it was his building, and he nodded agreeably. Lol.

Suria is still pretty bare and new to me, despite with the opening of handful numbers of new outlets from my previous visit. What attracted us was the food court at the top floor which overlooked the South China Sea. However, I safely assumed that what attracted the boss most was the KL ROJAK :P. I had not noticed that if not he mentioned to me that the rojak in CP and Suria were actually the same chain stall. We wanted a seat by the balcony, to get a better view of the sea but unfortunately, the food court were extremely packed, prolly due to the dual-celebrations which fell on a weekend and finding a seat even inside the eatery itself was an uphill task.




Uponspotting a seat, we headed over to Kuo Man Restaurant, where their home madefish ball soup is reputedly quite good, as well as the tom yam mee hoon. We hadwanted to order a bowl each to try, but unfortunately, they were sold out toosoon like hot cakes. Thus, we decided to settle for Claypot Delight. Uponpayment, we were told that we have to wait for a minimum of half an hour forthe boss’ stewed beef claypot rice. I then asked the guy to get my porridgeserved together with the stewed beef rice. He gave me a eyes rolling look andthat smacked me on my face at once on why did I make such a request, to which Iwas rather hungry that time. Lol.

While waiting, we had the mandatory plate of Rojak KL and a bowl of ABC. This bowl of ABC does not look as appealing to me, but it tasted fine. The processed jelly-alike thingy somehow gave me goose bumps when I look at them. Somehow, I like the contrasting color combination out of it :).



After a good 45 minutes of waiting, our meal finally arrived. I had a similar bowl of porridge for breakfast, somehow or other still hankering for more porridge that afternoon. Nothing much to shout about the typical Chinese style porridge, but it was good and even more appetizing with the yau char kwai to crunch on (which I rarely had unless dining for bak kut teh) and century eggs, the all-time porridge best companion!


The boss’ clay pot stewed beef rice, with a bull eyes egg in the middle. He commented it was good, and I tried some, and love its peppery sauce and the beef has no beefy smell :) This will definitely not be our last visit there, as the boss said he would like to try their other claypot fare and I would like to savor the tom yam which was sold out earlier.




2 comments:

eehtsitna said...

Oooo i still remember that dreadful giddy feeling. =P

aikoakito said...

Hahaha, at least you had your comfort rojak :P

 

By aikoakito