Thursday 6 October 2011

Sometimes, disaster strikes


The title says it all. This is a letter-for-me of a cruel reminder for the silliest homo sapien living on earth. No prize in guessing who, that's me. Yes, me (again). Since most of the time, the boss will be flying his cam along with him, I just brought along my memory card and my Sony compact cam as back-up. But when my 16GB memory card to which I have yet backed up were prompted to be formatted in his DSLR, I conveniently inherited from the boss' extra SD card since his previous trip. There were quite a numbers of the boss' work related photos, he willingly deleted all the existing photos to allocate the space for me this round when the card was full half way.

This morning, before leaving the house, I remembered pretty well that I downloaded (back then. Now read: attempted) all the photos from my inherited SD card into my lappy this morning before going out, in case my SD card acted up on me again. Thus, I was confident enough to press 'delete all' when the screen prompted 'the card is full'. Bummer oh bummer, very well said! Upon reaching home, when I checked my folder, to my utter shock, it was empty!. Big big OOPS-ie. Come to think about that, I didn't suspect a thing when I needed to 'delete all' whereby most of the time, I would usually apply 'cut' and nothing will be spared inside the card. Thus, there shouldn't be any way I have to 're-delete' via the cam. So, the harsh truth was I must have applied 'cut' but was distracted before I 'paste'. This round, I was killed by my sheer confidence. Sigh.


That includes photo for several posts I have yet worked on. It was such a heart tormenting moment to ponder about. Aiks, I seriously a-b-h-o-r repeated lessons learnt hard way O.o. Silly me. Worse, I have taken so many more photos into the memory card after that. That said, I was unable to recover many photos too. Ironically, I retrieved some of the boss old scale model photos and some of baby John’s photo instead. How uncanny!. The boss comforted me that I was lucky by trading in those food photos that tasted just so-so (the latest Sushi King menu was a let down) with the sweetpie (i.e baby John) :) Twas quite true nevertheless (to certain extent though, I am still feeling a big loss. I am not exaggerating.



2 comments:

Johnandyのファンタジー said...

seriously, he should bring spare / buy new one...

aikoakito said...

That was not the point :) We have few cards on hand. But, the problem was that the big-head-prawn me was consciously opted to 'delete all' as I was pretty confident that I have downloaded them into my lappy to which the fact was a uh-oh :)

 

By aikoakito