Monday 17 October 2011

It had been a busy week



Hye Hye! It has been a week since a post appeared on this cyber home of mine. Let's just say I had a busy and tiring week working on a coloring task. It was actually 15sets of 7 pieces each (more to come) of our new church building blue-print architectural plan. Apparently, I was the one with the closest work field and currently have the freest time. Thus, I was appointed to take up the task :). The boss was in KL for the whole week to get his visa to India done and to get some RM exchanged into rupees, attending his former uni-mate's wedding banquet as well as fetching a brand new Ipad2 home. Talking about this, we couldn't find any money changers here doing rupees. None, prolly due to its minority population in our state. The boss sensed some urgency for me in getting the work done and had been helpful by video-calling me from time to time to make sure that I did not drop asleep while coloring. Lol.

Beside the need to withdraw myself from web sphere for full concentration sake, I was bending myself to almost 90 degree towards the table to reach the far end of the A1 sheet most of the time, keeping my hand moving back and forth while my eyes gluing on the telly when my favorite drama(s) were aired. I was sort of targeting myself to be able to get over it in a maximum span of two days time before I get my hand laid on them. But, oh boy! the first piece for the first sheet of the first set took me a whopping 40 minutes (where the first page has the most complicated layout). All in all, everything was done only in a few hours time before submission on Friday night :).

On another church-wise update, the kids were joining the 2 days 1 night spiritual nurture program (i.e Bible Camp) last fortnight and RE teachers were required to turn up to assist in the group activities. I did not turn up on the first day, but went for only half of a day on their second day, which was also the final day. We were asked to guide and take part with the construction of an aquarium by using polystyrene sheets along with some other craft materials. Students were distributed into 5 large groups of different level and age. I found that all the kids in my group (to whom I have never taught as most of them were coming from Chinese medium class) were very very cooperative despite having me speaking a handful lip smattering Mandarin and I personally think that they did a very good job. Guess some bias-ness is allowed here as I am the purple's team in-charge *thick-skinned me* :P.



And, yesterday morning I was in-charged with the revision session with my RE students. It has been a regular practice for me to apply reward system ranging from a piece of candy to a small pack of junky or occasionally some Christian-related fancy stickers and bookmarks whenever the kids take part in the class. Few days back, my mom brought back a bag of candies, courtesy of afriend of our family who came back from China. She handed it to me and suggested me to distribute them to the fello kiddos. So, once they were done with the revision handouts, each one of them had their fair share in getting one candy each. Since the candies came in different flavor and packaging, to be fair I asked them to close their eyes and randomly pick one. For the girls especially, who luckily drew out the panda, they squealed in delight. Whilst, the rest were equally happy and starting popping into their mouth right away after the class dismisses. The look on their faces was priceless! :)




0 comments:

 

By aikoakito