Friday 7 October 2011

Under Utilized


More than 3 years back, the boss signed up and gifted me my current postpaid Celcom number as a birthday gift. I recollected vividly, exactly on my birthday,he paid me a visit at uni’s cafĂ©, he got there from SITF after paying his former dean a visit. The boss had been a loyal customer to Celcom postpaid packages, so naturally he chose Celcom as our second number. He told me that as his subline, and I can call/text or mms at any time as I wished without any restrictions. He personally handpicked two numbers, which has similar last 4 digits with his existing Celcom number and my existing Digi number. I did not know how did he manage to get them though :).

Ever since we started using our new number, the boss’ first number were underutilized, and he ended up paying monthly charges for almost nothing for more than 3 years. Mine, which was/is a prepaid number, on the other hand, is growing more moolahs with my active monthly reloading. Only earlier this year, I discovered and started to opt for Digi's super long life package, which qualifies me to stay active for one year without needing to reload on a monthly basis. So, I reloaded extra during my birthday month to earn more bonus *wink*.

After so many moons, until early September, the boss finally decided to let go his first number. I was supportive with this idea, but at the same time, was somewhat feeling a little amiss; for it somehow has left some sentimental values to me. Besides, the former one was the boss' first number when he first engaged to his first phone, and it has the nicest rhyming numbers. But, what I told myself was hey! That's a little amount towards bigger purchase. Why pouring hard-earned moolahs down the drain (okae, although I did not earn the money) :P


On the side note, I have been very loyal and keeping the same Digi number ever since I received my first phone as birthday gift from my papa in 2003 when I was in my Form 5 then. While continuing with my never-ending clearing and cleaning task, I stumbled upon these tri-monhtly newsletters I received from Digi for donkey years ago, too bad it had been discontinued after a couple of years upon my subscription, prolly for the call of environmental friendly awareness. Not many have ever seen these before including my sis. So, they are definitely a keepsake, but on the contrary side, I wonder when will my de-cluttering mission will ever due ;P.

2 comments:

eehtsitna said...

Some people do have all the time to write about a lot of stuff eh? :P

aikoakito said...

Guess working as a "land surveyor" isn't that bad eh? :P

 

By aikoakito