Saturday 1 October 2011

Random Snippets: NYF 2011


Apart from the two full days and three nights of intensive biblical studies and fellowship activities, I couldn’t recall any other activities or rare happenings that I wish to elaborate on. However, here’s some random snippets which I wish to pen down as remembrance sake. National Youth Fellowship (NYF) this round was the maiden activity that was held with the participation from youths nationwide in conjunction with the Independence's Day and Raya holidays. Of course, I get to know brethren from West Malaysia as well as Sarawak.

The first program begun on an evening, and the boss arrived with his siblings only by the next morning. On the same evening, I mms-ed him how the name tag looks like; atthe same time, giving him a glimpse of the green group I was in. The next morning, he texted me upon arrival while we were having our topical studies inside the church hall. I took the opportunity to ask him which group he was assigned to. This boss, as always has his tacs in dropping a hint; this was the reply from him which I’ve coined “I think it was green. Wait wait, its blue leh. Eh, or was it red ah?” :P

From that banter message of his; I have the sense that he was in the same group as me. He just love making me anxious and seeing me eager in knowing something; specifically for things that would favor me in the end of the process :P. Even banter should come with a sense of logic, that’s very typical of him :P. You will know where did all the so-called logical colors came about below. To which he deliberately said "I see few colors at the bottom of the card mah; they didn't tell me which one was meant for the group" Lol :P Those were the colors from our state flag, which was located right next to the grouping color sticker.


Throughout the program, the church hall was full to its brim. There was a day when I reach there after the program has started, I had no choice but to sit at the very last row on a plastic bench and during the break time, I attempted to look forsome empty seats somewhere in the heart of the hall, but alas, only the most front row was unoccupied. So, I learnt my lesson and on the following day, I reached the church very early to get a decent seat.

I was seated next to a lady in her 30s; who half way through the program, conveniently grabbed my hymnbook and flip opened and studied whatsoever photos/bills/meeting minutes and what-nots can be found; to which I spaced in between of the pages. That took her a good 10-15 minutes and returned the book to where it was placed earlier at the space in front of my knee without a single word throughout ;P. As for myself, I am taking that as a very good reminder that some de-cluttering is due. Shame on me :).


I don’t remember if I have taken any photos during the fellowship activities or during the choir and musical presentations. But I have not missed out taking pixs of my portion for supper throughout the whole 3 nights but this one is my favorite, to which I am still drooling when I look at it ;). Pumpkin with white fungus dessert, a mini curry puff, a lone mini red bean glutinous dessert (I have never fancied this sticky dessert, took this because of its cuteness but I still stomach it) along with two slices of less sugar cake presumably carrot cake and the main highlight was its cream, which has a tinge of saltiness, a little grainy in texture. Tasted heavenly! ;)





0 comments:

 

By aikoakito