Friday 11 November 2011

Mr. Teddy


I may be a jigsaw puzzle girl. Give me a set of 2D puzzles comprising of thousands of tiny weeny pieces, I wouldn’t mind sitting on the working desk hours after another. But, I am a real noobie when it comes to a 3D puzzle. This is my maiden masterpiece, and boy, it wasn’t easy at all when I first laid my hands on it. But, once you get the hang out of it, you will L.U.R.V.E it and this is not that hard afterall, this I assure you :) On one of our outing, the boss stumbled upon and decided to get the 3-d green apple that comes in 44 pieces, to which he already had a red apple earlier from Play n Learn. He gotten another one for me, so that I have at least something new to keep me busy apart from the lappy and mr. telly, according to him. 

This 3D teddy puzzles set came with 41 separate pieces of a set and was supposed to be an 1.5hr challenge. I spent my first hour on the first night dismantling the components and managed to joint 4 pieces of them. Yes, 4 pathetic pieces :). Comes the second day, I spent 2 hours while watching the telly just in getting around with the no.4 element. Going over and over again, I suspected no.4 was not placed correctly, despite it was intact perfectly because I couldn't figure out the subsequent piece.

I was getting a little impatient when I started to gather and recount all the components. All my calculation ended up with either 39 or 40, never 41 as stated on the box packaging. I started to belief that the missing part could be the subsequent piece. Boy oh boy, I was panicked and yes, a little upset too but I was pretty sure that I have taken the highest pre-caution when I was dismantling it on the bed despite with my eyes half-opened the night before. Still, I went to my bed, fluttered my blanket, checking inside of my pillow, side desk, under the bed as well as the narrowest part near to the headboard. So, there goes my two-hours without progress except for two episodes of Chinese drama series. 


On the third day, I was determined to finish the whole thing up and was mentally prepared shall there be any missing element, I will make do with anything plastic-ey and let painting do wonders. I sat down and went round with it, rotating the teddy’s two legs around, trying to squint my eyes as much as I could to scrutinize the groove of each and every element, one by one, over and over again. I finally proceeded and managed to slowly fix one piece, and slowly proceeded to another. I was pleased and was determined to finish up the whole thing the same night (read: morning) and I finally managed it with a faster pace and voila! My 3-d teddy was done the next hour, without a single missing element. The missing piece(s) remained a mystery. Lol, I am not sure if the packaging was written wrongly, or they included the stickers (for the eyes and nose) to come out as 41 components or blame it to my lousy numbers :P

If you squint hard enough, you'll notice that teddy's right ear wasn't intact properly. It was wobbly when I fixed it into its designated space, thus I twist it a little backwards in order to keep it intact for the time being as I ran out of uhu-glue :). Looks like ear-twisting is an art to learn too :P I am always inspired by many little things around me. Even the littlest thing in life worth noting and they can be the reason to celebrate. This time, I am again inspired. La-di-da-di-daa :D On a side note, today marks 111111, the triple convergence of the 11 is a once-in-a-century cycle :)


 

By aikoakito