Friday 4 November 2011

Quiet Week Ahead


Finally, the quiet week has arrived. Earlier, I have been a little apprehensive towards the boss’ trip to India; mostly of safety wise especially for the trekking part :). I thought it would be an all-quiet week ahead until his return to Malaysia in more than a week time. But, I was delighted when I received a text message from for few days now with a new India cell number, to which the boss had subscribed the following day upon touching down Kolkatta, which I nearly deleted at the first place, having the thought of advertorial messages or fraudulent messages until I spotted the very familiar first line of greetings prompted the moment I unlock my phone :). The boss touched down Kolkatta city last Tuesday, boarding another flight to Darjeeling the following day, and will be going for the mount trekking early this morning.  So, that spells a quiet week ahead for me, just making do with text messages (provided if his phone battery can last throughout the trekking, which may be taking a few days time) and leave alone the normal dose of thrice daily speech therapy and forget about video calls too! :P.

Last week had been an eventful one (read: busy). My brother was home for one week in conjunction of Deepavali hols. Like usual, the whole family hardly get home before midnight clock strikes, with similar round of activities and savoring repetitious food yet they were equally fun and yummy :) Shame to admit that, there were a couple of non-consecutive nights where we have neglected or too tired (plus l-a-z-y!) to prepare proper meals for our poor doggies. Poor fellas, on those days, my very Asian doggies had to make do with plain bread with planta spread and milk (they do love milk), and sometimes with two hard boiled eggs each :P.  


As for me, I have few more sets of more coloring task to be taken care of, and I finally get all my memory cards for double back-up and formatted (which I have never did for once). Thanks to Vienna Boys Choir, the musical performance we were attending, I finally took the effort to empty and formatted a total of about 25GB of space from our DSLR as well as compact camera. But, unfortunately we weren't allowed to take any videos or photographs when performances were on going. 

Oh yeah, we ushered into November with a nasty news, where a collision occurred between KK train with a fuel tanker on the last day of October. We were aware of the thick dark smoke in the air while were on our way home and little did we expect such a mishap took place. My mom was panic-striken as a number of her colleagues were going up the public transport to and fro daily. Thank God, we were eternally grateful and it was such a relief to hear that no casualty reported. Below are the photos we took (dad and I) the following day, sometime around noon. There were a massive congestion where we were stucked in the short section for more than 40 minutes, due to the massive towing vehicles and enormous crane parking by the roadside.



Done with my long-winded post. Today is the birthday of my junior and high school bestie, the one whom I grew out my childhood and teenage era with, the one I have been sitting next to throughout my high school era. Happy 25th Birthday, Jacinta (don’t think she will be seeing this though) :). Friday has descended and weekend is near. Wishing all of you a safe and awesome weekend ahead ;). 

1 comments:

eehtsitna said...

I am soooo going to miss that quiet week. :P

 

By aikoakito