Wednesday 30 November 2011

September’s spot-check


On the tail end September, the boss was here again but this round he traveled by road together with a colleague for a field trip in the mid-west-coast. Since the work calls for his itinerary on the first day, he intended to make this trip as a secretive one, to which he spared the following day a spot-check :). But, the night before he left, on a very casual video call conversation, I casually asked what he was doing a moment ago before retiring to bed. As usual, he would usually deliberately name those basic to-do-lists to me from bathing to prayer. This time, I smell something fishy. LOL. I dug and probed further, finally he gave in and reluctantly revealed that he is doing some packing and will be coming over the following day and initially wanted to keep this as a surprise. This boss of mine is full with little surprises from time to time, and I have been sorta complaining for not being able to make preparation (in fact there is nothing to be prepared, apart from getting myself up in the morning and get out of the house. Somehow, still needs some planning though) but I secretly appreciate them all :)

It was a rather short and task-ful outing this round, and also the first time I spent time running errands with him and meeting his colleague. Early in the morning, I met up the boss and his colleague came over and picked us up and off we went for a dim sum affair. Thereafter, he dropped us off to the Inland Revenue Board as the boss had to get some issues sorted out. Everything went smoothly and sooner than we have expected, in less than an hour time. After that, we walked over to Karamunsing, which was only located across the busy highway. He was sourcing for money changer doing Indian rupees then but to no avail. When we stumbled upon a cobbler kiosk at the basement level, the boss decided to get his hiking boots, also the only footwear he brought over to be repaired for RM30. We were required to wait for 30 minutes, which eventually done in 45 minutes. In fact, I took a number of photos of the boss’ feet on the loaned sandal, owned by the cobbler guy with his socks on. A funny sight but unfortunately, it was accidentally deleted along with the rest of the photos :(. 

These were the only photos I was able to recover. The boss inside the Revenue Inland Board office while lugging his camera, a range of different sizes of plastic shoe trees at the cobbler’s kiosk in Karamunsing Complex, Karamunsing’s food court’s Teh-C Special (dual-layer instead of the usual three) and Sjora mango peach juice, pastry with mushroom and chicken filling (the filling tasted alike to Pizza Hut’s Hawaiian Chicken’s topping minus the pineapple) in Tg. Aru. 


From Karamunsing, we walked over to Asia City. Upon touching Asia City, we decided to hunt for lunch despite being still very full after the late breakfast. Thus, we decided to stroll around and the boss asked where I would like to go. I casually answered Centre Point. He further asked me if I have anything specific in mind to look for, and to which my answer is no except for some window shopping. While getting across the road, I was led to another side instead. I can’t help but asking where are we heading. The boss was non-chalantly replied ‘Centre Point lor’ and we eventually landed in a jewelry shop in Kg. Air. For the first few minutes, I was strolling along the pathway and looking at their beautiful jade pendants through the glass from outside while the boss went in, thinking that he would want to check on the prices for gold as he had been mentioning about gold investment sometime ago.

Until the boss called me in and asked me to choose a gold band design that I favor and asking the shopkeeper to get the right size for me, very much to my utter shock! Before I was able decipher their conversation, the guy handed us several designs which he thinks suited our size. I didn’t know why I was so nervous and I don’t remember how did I react or what have I said. Lol. This boss of mine was determined to pay them right away until when dad called me up saying that he has to pick me up a little earlier that afternoon before picking up my mom from her office to collect one of our car which had been sent for service which was ready for collection, as to avoid the heavy congestion later. Yes, the congestion level from the city back to our home is usually horrendous! I quickly intercepted the boss and excused ourselves by telling the guy ‘we’ll be back some other day’ :P. I have been contemplating whether to jot this down, but I simply wanted to mark it down before age catches up on me :) The boss then offered dad to pick up our car instead going all the way to pick mom up and that saved us one trip of congestion all the way to mom’s office :). 

0 comments:

 

By aikoakito