Tuesday 26 July 2011

Yearning for kolok mee


I am missing kolok mee so much, the authetic Sarawak kolok mee. I am blessed with Sarawakian friends and rummie during my uni years who occasionally bring over some authentic kolok mee after a semester break *bliss*. Last Thursday, on a rare weekday, our cravings peaked up thus off we went to Tony's Corner, the eatery my mom frequented and tapao-ed (i.e take away) us every Saturday morning, located 3 minutes drive from my home simply to satisfy our cravings.

Tony's Corner signature kolok mee

Their mee tasted as nice (my personal justification), and definitely better savored dine-in than tapao-ed one. Their fragrant spring onion and shallot condiments made me craving for more, but somehow I am still yearning for some authenticity out of it :).


 

By aikoakito